- What should I bring? Bring your gear – the cameras, lenses and lights you typically would carry on a wedding shoot. If you have gear that you own but don’t understand, bring that too. We will have monolight kit(s) and assorted Canon and Nikon strobes and triggers to play with but in limited quantities, so if you have lighting equipment that you like to use and want to bring it along, please do. But don’t overload yourself! We want this to be a flexible, physically easy workshop – not a gear-luggin chore. One of the things we will be discussing is how to minimize your gear and maximize your impact. If you have a laptop and card-reader combo that you want to bring as well, please do. We will have imaging stations on site – but again, access and quantities may be limited.
- Where should I stay? The website at Berkshires.org can connect you to regional lodging options. You can also call them at 1-888-256-7480 for assistance. Please note that distances between hotels and our venue can be substantial so please take that into account when making your plans.
- What will we eat? We have arranged for catering for breakfast and lunch. The proposed menu will be assorted sandwiches, simple salads, chips, cookies, soft drinks and water. If you have particular dietary requirements please let us know ahead of time so we can make arrangements or bring your own.
- How many people will be at the workshop?
We are capping participation at 20
- What about the weather?
Weather in the Berkshires can change by the minute. The location at Hancock Shaker Village does provide significant interior spaces for our workshop. Our main classroom/meeting room is climate controlled and comfortable in the event we have extreme conditions of heat or rain. It is a good idea to bring an umbrella or raincoat. The Village is also a working farm, so sturdy shoes and “working” clothes will be appropriate.
- Is there internet on-site?
There is wifi available in the main classroom and limited wifi elsewhere on the Village grounds. Cell service in the Berkshires can be spotty but it is generally pretty good at the Village.
- I can’t make it at the last second, can I get a refund?
We will offer full refunds on written request up to 2 weeks before the event (cut of date is 10:00 pm on 8/6/2013). After that date, no refunds will be available. If you are unable to attend we will apply partial credit to a future workshop once expenses have been deducted.
- Will there be models to shoot?
Yes, we will have models/couples to in attendance both days.